Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a Panasonic GP RV 112 back up camera and monitor in…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic GP...
I have a Panasonic GP RV 112 back up camera and monitor in my RV . I turn it on and all I get is a white line in the middle in the screen on the monitor . I have not had any problems in the past with the system . How can I correct this problem ? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/21/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I checked the voltage . The monitor is receiving 12 volts .

Are you able to tell if the line is there with the camera disconnected?

It sounds like the screen, and that is the most common issue with this model. But I'd like to make sure since that is nearly the whole device.

I just checked the monitor again , it has power . I pulled the camera cable out of the back of the monitor and the line remained on the screen ! What else can I do to remedy my problem ?

Ok, based on that, the screen needs to be replaced. I was hoping g that it was the camera putting the line there because that is an easier and less expensive fix. But the only real option here is to replace that screen. You know it is receiving the correct power and that the line isn't being caused by the input, so you have tested the correct things.