Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I purchased a kenwood dnx892 receiver with navigation 2014…

Customer Question
I purchased a kenwood dnx892...
I purchased a kenwood dnx892 receiver with navigation for my 2014 mustang and was told that since I'm running a tune in my mustang I can't run gauges in the receiver. Is this true?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/21/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The only case in which having gauge displays and also having a tuner hooked up, would be mutually exclusive, would be if the gauge displaying hookup used the same input or 'jack' on the Kenwood Excelon device, that the tuner would use.

If you have any trouble deciding how that affects the subject-matter of your question, please let me know what kind of tuner (Sirius/XM adapter perhaps?) you would contemplate using. (I'd also be interested in what sort of gauge-interface kit you'd be using, but that info is less essential I think.)