Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a DNn 992 hooked to 3 amps. It was working fine this…

Customer Question
I have a DNn 992...
I have a DNn 992 hooked to 3 amps. It was working fine this morning Then I heard some noises through the speakers and now I have faint music noise and I can hear my engine through the speakers . I checked the amps ground and power supplies and they're all good seems to be coming from the output of the receiver
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/16/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It sounds like the ground to the head unit has failed. It's not all that uncommon. Check that where it runs to the chassis and all the way back to the head if possible. Also be sure to check all related fuses - you may have online fuses that are not immediately obvious.