Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Battery died n alarm challenged getting a charge but finally…

Customer Question
Battery died n alarm challenged...
Battery died n alarm challenged getting a charge but finally able to jump it. Now every time open the door the alarm goes off. How can we reset alarm so we can run car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/15/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try finding, under the dash and on the driver's side (usually) you will see a little box mounted there, with a button on it. Put the key in the ignition, and turn it to On. Then, press that button briefly, just press-it-and-release-it, and you will put the car into Valet Mode, in which mode, you can drive the car, etc. and the alarm will be disabled.

Other measures will be needed to reset the alarm back to the way it should operate... but I can't say exactly what to do, without knowing what kind of alarm it is.