Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Kenwood DNX6960 and the bluetooth phone just

Customer Question

Hello...I have a Kenwood DNX6960 and the bluetooth phone just stopped working. Its beyond not pairing, the BT Setup and the entire section are "faded" and not accessible. It was working fine a week ago and then it just stopped. I tried using the reset button but that did not fix the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Usually in a case where a function is completely inaccessible (apparently 'disabled' in its controls, or grayed out, etc.) and a reset does not fix it, the problem is in that the function is 'broken' or its hardware has become so defective that the controls being in place is no longer of any use (so they get grayed out) or the hardware / circuitry parts that do the function have failed to initialize.

Would you like to try a firmware update, in case the problem is rather that the firmware for Bluetooth control(s) has become corrupted?