Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought 08 scion radio needs password

Customer Question

I bought 08 scion radio needs password
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Why couldn't the dealership provide help? going to a dealership is the usual way to get a code for a radio in a car.

If it was because the radio was aftermarket, that is somewhat understandable. But if so, what was the maker and model # ***** the radio or car stereo? (I don't need the serial # ***** present, if it ever will, thanks.)

I may be able to refer you to someone who can calculate and provide the code needed. That may possibly require the serial number... but, you don't need to tell me what it is in that case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pioneer avic-x930bt
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

At this point the situation stands this way:

Either you can send the unit to Pioneer and have them get and provide the code for it, which will cost you something for sure.

Or you can follow the dubious, unproven advice on this page:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/

about loading a file manager and using it, on an SD card, on your Pioneer device.