Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

MY brother gave me the Kenwood DNX8120 that he bought 7 yeas…

Customer Question
MY brother gave me the...
MY brother gave me the Kenwood DNX8120 that he bought 7 yeas agow and does not rememmber the password ***** do i rest it to factory setting
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/11/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi Im sorry to hear that, yes it can be a pain really!

Don't worry we will get it ;-)

Enter the number from the remote control . The generic code number is *****

* Press number 5 ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press number 2 ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press number 2 ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press number 7 ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

If this does not work it means the seller (if not a dealer) would have reset it to something only they knwo . SO in that case you need to contact the seller for this info or a dealer as they will be the only ones who can reset the security code.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael