Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a Jvc kw-nt800hdt and the volume seems to be stuck on…

Customer Question
I have a Jvc kw-nt800hdt...
I have a Jvc kw-nt800hdt and the volume seems to be stuck on zero. I can't use the eject button either. There isn't a small hole to reset this model nor does the faceplate remove.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/1/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially,have you tried gently tapping on the - button?

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, a stuck/faulty TACT switch.

The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?