Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Jvc kw-nt800hdt and the volume seems to be stuck on

Customer Question

I have a Jvc kw-nt800hdt and the volume seems to be stuck on zero. I can't use the eject button either. There isn't a small hole to reset this model nor does the faceplate remove.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially,have you tried gently tapping on the - button?

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, a stuck/faulty TACT switch.

The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?