Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Cant turn off remote on our 2001 mitsubishi montero sport.

Customer Question
Cant turn off remote...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Alarm goes off when key inserted in door. can't get the ignition to work. the remote has not worked for 2 years.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
1/29/2016
Car Electronics Technician: superbovine,
 replied 2 years ago
superbovine

Is this a factory alarm or an aftermarket alarm system?

we bought it pre-owned. it was probably installed at the dealership, maybe not at the factory. it is a Clifford G-4 system
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks.

That would definitely be an add-on system.
I will forward this to the aftermarket electronics section as you will be able to get more relevant information there. Please do not reply to this post as it will lock it back to me again and the others will not be able to see it.
Thanks, ***** ***** be with you soon.

Why is this taking so long????? We are ready to have our car towed. PLEASE respond. In addition, I will be leaving my office so you need to add my husband's email and cell: ***@******.***/(###) ###-#### Please respond to this email. I have been waiting to hear from the aftermarket electronics section.