Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My name is ***** *****, my Sirius radio does not work well.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, my Sirius radio does not work well. I went through Sirius and they said it was an issue for the dealership. I can turn the volume all the way up and I can barely hear the sound. there is also static. the dial works fine. it is on a 2008 ford explorer limited factory radio. ford dealership said the can fix for 700$ parts and some labor $. thx
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It happened all at once. One moment music was playing then the next minute I could barely hear it. AM and FM works fine. Again I can barely hear it if I turn the volume all the way up on Siruis.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok. Just don't want to pay too much. Will the answer be tonight?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

The advice they gave you sounds correct - static would not be from the Sirius system. Since it is digital, it is either on or off... there is really no in between. The problem would have to be with your main unit, which can be fixed at the dealership - or at a local installer. The local installer/car audio business would most likely be a more cost effective option. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Miike