Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sx 580 pioneer amp (over 30 years old) has worked

Customer Question

I have a sx 580 pioneer amp (over 30 years old) has worked fine,. I just changed location & was hooking everything up & now I lose sound after about 5 seconds. Same if its set to FM, AM, or AUX for CDs. Power stays on, sound comes on for a few seconds then no sound. If I turn it off & back on on , it has sound again for a few seconds, yjem gone
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the only easy user doable tried would be to gently tap and exercise the different controls and switches. Or better yet, consider using compressed air or better yet, plastic safe / non-staining DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent to clean the insides of these controls and switches. Include the headphone jack as there is a built-in speaker cut-off switch.

All others would point to an internal hardware issue .