Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Was messing with control now I have a black screen can't get

Customer Question
back to radio settings...
Was messing with control now I have a black screen can't get back to radio settings
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Touchscreen with camera view 07 tahoe
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2016
Car Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

About all you can do is disconnect battery. Leave unhooked for a minute or two. Capacitors need to discharge. Reconnect and try it. If not, then it may be the screen itself. We do see logic lockup in radios from time to time though not often in this model in the Tahoe. It may not have been a setting you touched, but the screen.

That didn't work
The screen was working fine til i went in the camera settings and now it just say screen image may appear reversed

That screen should only be possible when the vehicle is in reverse. I don't think this is setting related. Are you able to get back into the camera settings?

No it just says image may appear is reverse i think i clicked on set to ground

That's really unusual.

That setting would mean that power lead on the monitor was set to ground. You'll have to find the power leads for the camera and disconnect them. Should be a red and black - was there something going on before with the camera that led you to the setting?

i had just purchased a used vehicle and the camera wouldn't show when i would go in reverse that message would appear then go away when i put on drive i thought it may have been turned off and was looking to see and i hit set to ground i think that's the correct wording
when i hit.the reset button or unplug battery and start over radio receiver boots up gov me safety disclaimer and when i hit ok radio app and other app come to screen very briefly and disappear don't even give me a chance to hit radio or nothing

What I would do is disconnect the camera entirely... at least until you can get into the settings.

I think if you do that, you will be able to have normal control over it. Something is causing the camera to kick in, but it isn't recognizing the camera... There are a few ways that the unit can detect the camera - like power from the reverse light wire, ground connection, etc. And it's possible that ground has to be remove from the camera power in order to break that cycle.

It's possible that there is something wrong with the camera - that's why I asked what the initial problem was - since it IS booting into the app screen, even if you can't catch it yet, then I have to say I agree with you that it is the setting (unlike I said before). I made the incorrect assumption that you weren't seeing anything at all on boot.

I was trying to see what fuse controls the camera don't see it in fuse section under the hood or on driverside dash or do you mean trace wire and disconnect

You'll actually have to disconnect from the camera - they don't usually have their own fuse in the panel - it may have an inline fuse - in fact, they usually do - but not one in the vehicle fuse box.

find the inline fuse and disconnect it
by the way the unit is a.pioneer SPH-DA01

I would go right to the camera and disconnect it. The inline fuse won't help if the camera screen is being activated by camera ground.

Have you already done the system reset in the bottom left hand corner? Pressing the button with a pen or paperclip?

Bottom right yes will be home in 10 mind will try and see if i can disconnect the camera

Ok. Good luck.

Tell me something good!

Didn't get a chance to unhook last nite was too dark and too cold and besides I was trying to really see how to unhook getting ready for work will try this evening when I get off

Ok. No hurry on my part for sure.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer