Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Im getting no power to display and unit not working.

Customer Question

Im getting no power to display and unit not working. Blaupunkt 6 disc changer in 2005 Pontiac GTO . I removed unit and faceplate was loose so i unplugged it. When reinstalling i plugged it back and put back in dash. Now nothing is working. Help!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

Did you remove the faceplate on the head unit or on the changer?

The most common problem with these is the main board, which is an expensive replacement. I would make sure the wiring harness is still connected properly and that it has good ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a in dash 6 disc changer/radio by blaupunkt. What you see in the Holdens and 04-06 Pontiac GTO. The faceplate with all the buttons came off of the in dash unit itself. There is a small narrow plug that connects it to the actual changer that fits in the dash. Anyway i pulled the whole unit out using special tool for removing it. Disconnected the plug from the face. Didnt mess with any other wires. Then put it all back together like it was. Now it doesn't even light up when car is on or play or anything. I rechecked connections...nothing unplugged. Its like its dead. I checked fuses too.