Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Kenny here. i have a 2000 f150 4.2. im trying to put in a

Customer Question
hi kenny joe...
hi kenny joe here. i have a 2000 f150 4.2. im trying to put in a remote starter...autopage rs603.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/3/2015
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

what info did you need?

do you have the rs625 install instructions?

do you have a wiring guide for the f150?

2000 f150 4.2 xlt. had installed a autopage rs625 remote starter and a rstbk transponder bypass module. The remote starter stopped working a while ago. i purchased an autopage rs603 remote starter. i installed; using same bypass. cant seem to get it to work. im pretty sure all my heavy gauge wiring is correct.there is a 5 pin harness with a red/white wire for parking light relay input, which doesnt need to be connected if "vehicle has a +12 volt switched parking lights". Is that the case with my f150?on the 10 pin harness there is a white/red wire for tach signal connection. i connected this to a wire on my coil pack.there is also a white/black wire for Negative Safety SHutdown Input. which i connected to a hood pin.THere is a black/white wire for Neutral Safety Switch Input. states to connect this wire to the neutal safety switch. where is that? what is the color of the wire i connect it to?there is a pink wire for (-)200mA programmable output (factory security disarm signal output). where does this wire get connected to?there is a yellow wire for (-) 200ma ignition output 3...does this get connected? if so, where and to wat?the transponder has a black, red, and yellow wire. red goes to +12 constant; black to a ground. does the yellow go anywhere? the yellow is the Keysense shut-off circuit?
how does this work? do i wait for an email response? do we chat here?
do u want me to sent u any info on the transponder or 603 remote start??

sorry for the delay, as we are having an outage at this time (in & out)
Reason I asked about the old unit, was you should be able to connect the new unit to the wires the old one is connected to to make it a little easier
Otherwise I can post a Wiring Guide
IF your old unit had relays for the Door Locks, then you need to use them or if your Ford had Factory Keyless Entry, the Door Locks may have to be rewired to the new Unit
Will check back tomorrow if you want

new unit has some different wires than old unit....u didnt even answer ONE of my questions???

on the 10 pin harness there is a white/red wire for tach signal connection. i connected this to a wire on my coil pack.
??

What color wire did you connect to?
Should be PINK/WHITE at Coil
Program Tach

there is also a white/black wire for Negative Safety SHutdown Input. which i connected to a hood pin.

??
Factory Hood Pin?.......or did you install a hood pin?
.
THere is a black/white wire for Neutral Safety Switch Input. states to connect this wire to the neutal safety switch. where is that? what is the color of the wire i connect it to?
??

Ground this wire as Ford has "No Grounding type Neutral Switch"
.

there is a yellow wire for (-) 200ma ignition output 3...does this get connected? if so, where and to wat?
??

IF your F150 has Factory Alarm :
Connect to Dark GREEN/VIOLET (-) wire located in driver Kick Panel Door Harness
.
the transponder has a black, red, and yellow wire. red goes to +12 constant; black to a ground. does the yellow go anywhere?

??
Not familiar with that ByPass, as that is made by Accelle

.
the yellow is the Keysense shut-off circuit?
??

Key Sense BLACK/PINK (-) wire at Steering

ok, guess i am now going to be speaking to someone else? first off, i will scan and attach to this a schematic for the car remote start and for the by pass module. probably help u in answering my questions.6 pin heavy wire connection:
a. says violet wire to starter output; which is the red/light blue wire ignition harness. i connected there. i should get 12 v in start position only; 0 in all other key positions. Not the case, i get nothing. Any other wires for the starter output? im pretty sure other wires from this harness are connected properly.5 pin wire harness:
a. red/white wire: parking light relay output. I assume here that my ford has +12 volt switched parking lights? is that correct? if so, then i cut this wire and attached to ground.10 Pin harness:
a. White/red wire: tach signal. I connected this to a pink/white at coil; per "dons " direction.
b. white/blk wire: neutral safety switch, your "don" told me to just connect this to ground.
c. white wire: says its for a -200mA ground output while engine is starting or running. it is used to activate a bypass module and provides a ground output when the engine is starting or running from the remote start. I dont know where to connect this to , if at all.
d. Pink wire: says its for a -200mA programmable output (seems to be related to factory security disarm signal output). My ford has a passive theft system (factory). I dont know wat to do with this wire.
e. yellow wire (ignition 3 output) I assume i do not use this wire?For the bypass module: it has a red; black and yellow wire. i connected the red to constant +12 v supply; the black to ground; and the yellow to a black/pink wire at the steering harness (per Don).As of right now, the truck doesnt do anything at all when using the remote for the remote starter (enters program mode but doesnt seem to program). when everything is hooked up (thus far); including the by pass module; the truck will not start with my key; it turns over fine; but doesnt start.
when i unplug the bypass module, my key starts the truck. my keyless remote that came with the truck still functions to unlock/lock the doors.Any help would be appreciated. Please, at the minimum , address each of my questions above. thanks

sorry.........I made a mistake on the copy of the Paragraph you posted .....

should read:

there is a pink wire for (-)200mA programmable output (factory security disarm signal output). where does this wire get connected to?
??
IF your F150 has Factory Alarm :

.

???

this gets connected to a SPDT Relay for Extra Ignition wire in which your F150 has "3" Ignitions
So if your New Unit does NOT have "3" Ignition Outputs, you will need a SPDT Relay connected to the YELLOW wire of your New Unit to power Ignition "3"

sorry for the mistake
I have Opted Out & have opened this back to others to answer

.

Ok...so i still send questions, but someone else responds? U stlill havent responded to all my questions. Its obvious electronics is not ur forte

not to leave you in the dark, but I have been installing, designing & selling Mobile electronics for over 30 years
Your responses have signaled me to OPT Out, which I did, but I wanted to clarify a few things.
Sorry this was not to your liking, as I informed you there was Internet issues & did not want to keep you waiting.
Hope someone responds, as I have opted out

good luck

opt out means someone else will be supporting my questions? when can i expect a complete response to ALL the questions i have posed to you? Still questions unanswered. thanks for the effort
where is my response/new "expert". typical of you....no response again. ill find out how i rate u ...trust me on that.
stereoaz
stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician