Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

How do I get new apps to show on my pioneer da120 head unit?

Customer Question

Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

hi there and welcome

When you say new apps, you mean you want to install additional apps on the actual player in addition to what is already there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you look on pioneers website, there are a lot of other apps available and they even have a video showing them in use, but I can't get them to display on my head unit. I actually purchased three head units for different vehicles and have multiple iPhones. Have tried all combinations. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, the apps are for installation on your iPhone or Android Phone, they do not go on the actual unit itself.

You can see how this works on Page 54 of the manual here

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/SPH-DA120_OperationManual080814.pdf

But the Apps you see are for use via the phone which connects then via your device, not directly on the device itself.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. I had already downloaded the apps on my phone(s) and the Pioneer app but can't get appradio to display them. For a short while it did display them, but lost Carplay, then it reverted. I've tried everything I can think of to get them back, including resetting my phone at every attempt but I can't get the Pioneer instructions to work. There are a number of settings in different apps that have to be set correctly, but even with this done, I can't display or control the apps, and certainly not alongside Carplay.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I want you to restore the Pioneer to factory defaults.

Follow the instructions on page 108 of the manual here

And once reset tell me if it then allows for the apps please