ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have this same unit in my mdx. i want to open it and clean

Customer Question

Customer: hey, i have this same unit in my mdx. i want to open it and clean the laser head. cant find anything.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my display reads "dvd disc reading error, consult your dealer"
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Car Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

What is the full model number of your MDX, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the model of the vehicle going to make a difference? I read on the internet that the problem could be in the DVD drive. If the laser head could be cleaned it could resolve the problem, but I was not able to find that article again. I've managed to take out the drive and remove the cover but that is as far as I got. I can not see the laser head and was wondering if there is any info on this. The model of the drive is a Alpine ref # ***** (or P/N 39540-S3V-A520-M1)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, just want to take this opportunity to say that I found the article and how to clean the lens.
Having said that, I hope that I do not get charged the full mount as a resolution was not forwarded.
Thx.

Your payment remains in your JustAnswer account.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.