Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

What is improved or better on the AVIC F70 Dab over the

Customer Question

What is improved or better on the AVIC F70 Dab over the previous Avic-8100 NEX apart from the price i.e is it worth paying the extra for the F70 Dab
My car is Saab 9.3 2008 mDiesel
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

After detailed examination, I find that the two models you ask about are very close to being equipped with the same capabilities.

The screen is the same size. Both have Sirius capability (note: it is Expandability, requiring an add-on Sirius/XM tuner!), Apple CarPlay, Android Auto; they can both play DVDs and have a DVD drive; both have SD card reader; both ... etc. etc., pretty much.

But: one is sold, in the instance I have seen, *with* a remote control, and the other without it. And the one sold (in the instance I examined closely, which might be exceptional) without a remote, is the F70. If you can get a deal where a remote is included, of course, that one big difference is not siginificant.

I'd say either one is about an equal choice.