Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just tried to send you a question before so if it seems

Customer Question

Hi I just tried to send you a question before so if it seems like a repeat--sorry. I'm trying to install a Pioneer AVH270BT DVD/stereo into a permenantly parked 5th Wheel. It's replacing an AM/FM Cassette player (12 volt) The connections on the old unit
are straightforward (4 x speaker outs, 2 x power inputs, 1 x ground and 1 x antenna) The new unit has a parking brake connection that needs to be bypassed. Looking online, it seems I can put a SPST switch inline between it and the ground wire to defeat this.
Is that correct? It also has a wire meant to go to an accessort position switch. Obviously I don't have one of those--what do I need to do with that. The operators manual doesn't have a proper wiring diagram for the wire harness (all terminating in bare end.)
Can't tell which are the speaker outs as opposed to line outs that maybe go to a bass amp (that I don't have or need) Can you help please?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

For some reason, the system would not allow this to be marked as a duplicate/followup of your other question HERE. Still, should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, post back with a list of the available wire colors at the rear of the Pioneer.

Still, please consider:

• • the LINE OUTs would almost always be terminated with an RC A jack;
  • • the speaker wire pair would always have a single color wire paired with the same color but with a black stripe. Click HERE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi LouieI have:
Black (heavier than the rest and a bit longer)
Yellow (again heavier)Red
Orange
Light green (labeled parking brake and quite long)
2 x dark green
black with white stripe
white2x olive
light purple
dark purpleblue with white stripe ( labeled system remote control)
purple with whit stripe (labeled Reverse Gear signal Input)These are in order--up one side and down the otherMany thankscheers!
Kit
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information. Please re-confirm some or perhaps better yet, please provide clear closeup pictures of the rear connector +wires:

• • Black (heavier than the rest and a bit longer) - ground;
  • • Yellow (again heavier) - connect to a +12V source;
  • • Red - connect to the same +12V source;
  • • Orange - need not be used;
  • • Light green (labeled parking brake and quite long) - connect to the proposed bypass module;
  • • 2 x dark green black with white stripe - ??????;
  • • white 2x - ??????'
  • • olive - ??????;
  • • light purple - ?????;
  • • dark purple - ?????;
  • • blue with white stripe ( labeled system remote control) - need not be used;
  • • purple with whit stripe (labeled Reverse Gear signal Input) - need not be used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie
Okay in Photo 1 from the top down:
white
black/white
olive
olive (same colour)
light purple
dark purple
green
green (same colour)On the second photo:
All displayedQuestion. Don't I need to defeat the one destined for the accessory position on the car starter? Which one is it?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

The speaker wire pairings are:
• White - Front L +
• White/Black - Front L -

• Gray - Front R +
• Gray/Black - Front R -

• Green - Rear L +
• Green/Black - Rear L -

• Purple - Rear R +
• Purple/Black - Rear R -

There is no wire for the "...car starter..."

However, the Pioneer's red and yellow wire would have to be joined together and then connected to the +12V source.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Louie. Okay NOW I can see the other colour stripe! pretty certain I can do this now. To review:Black (ground)
Red and yellow to +12V
Green long one via proposed bypass module (Is this just a switch or should I order the 'module'? I'm in Canada)Orange and blue/white and purple/white (not used)White - Front L +
• White/Black - Front L -• Gray - Front R +
• Gray/Black - Front R -• Green - Rear L +
• Green/Black - Rear L -• Purple - Rear R +
• Purple/Black - Rear R -Thanks again for all your help.
cheers!
Kit cross
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

To confirm:

• • Black (ground)- yes;
  • • Red and yellow to +12V- yes;
  • • Green long one via proposed bypass module (Is this just a switch or should I order the 'module'?- yes, the module or equivalent is needed as this particular model/series needs a logical condition/multi-step not easily 'fooled' with switch/grounding bypass;
  • • Orange and blue/white and purple/white (not used)- yes if no amplifier and/or camera;
  • • White - Front L + • White/Black - Front L - • Gray - Front R + • Gray/Black - Front R - • Green - Rear L + • Green/Black - Rear L - • Purple - Rear R + • Purple/Black - Rear R - - yes.