Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

3002 viper alarm. I was working on my vehicle. when I

Customer Question

3002 viper alarm. I was working on my vehicle. when I started everything up the alarm was triggered. I cant find the remote that was programed for this vehicle. I have several remotes ( I have a viper 3002 in each of my other 2 vehicles.)
I also have a bit programmer
how can I turn of the alarm and get it to where I can reprogram the remote for the vehicle
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is a page with helpful information as to the disarming of the alarm by entering the vehicle with your key, locating the valet switch, and pressing it briefly to disable the alarm... and, that the number of presses may have been changed from the default 1-press. Here's the page:

http://kb.viper.com/customer/portal/articles/710710-my-remote-is-broken-how-do-i-start-my-car-?b_id=907

Is that of any help? try it all, carefully.

If it does not help, then let me know, and we will pursue options further. (Also let me know whether you identified the valet switch for certain, among the three types shown in the illustration linked from the page.)