Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My alarm doesn't arm anymore...just locks and unlocks the

Customer Question

My alarm doesn't arm anymore...just locks and unlocks the doors and if I press the unlock button on my keyfob long enough, the panic/lost car siren comes on. Any thoughts as to how to rearm my alarm system again....All I know is that It is a sidewinder system that is on my 2000 Ford Crown Vic, purchased through Gov. Auction....
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is this a factory alarm or an aftermarket system?

Also if it is an aftermarket installed system I will need the make and full model # ***** I can help you correctly.

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael,I'm not sure if you read toward the end of my initial request, but I'm not sure of what model number is. The only thing that I have to go by is my keyfob which states Sidewinder and that I purchased the car, with alarm system at a government auction. It was a police/detective vehicle that had this alarm installed on it....Where would I find the information about this alarm system??
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes I read your description fully;-)

The model # ***** be on the main alarm box itself, may be installed under the hood or under one of the seats etc.

But now that I know its a Sidewinder,

I can tell you one thing you can try.

Please disconnect the cars Positive "+" battery terminal for 30 full minutes then you can reconnect that.

This will cause a full system reset, not codes though.

Let me know if this helps, these systems use relays and a microprocessor for controlling the arming/disarming and locks in the system.Sometimes electrical glitches will cause this problem,that would be the cure if that is all it is that happened.

But since this was a police car, the system may have been wired this way for obvious reasons if they didn't want that feature to be in place, so that means they may have left off a wire purposely.

Otherwise this system likely has a bad relay that would need to be replaced by Sidewinder. For that you need to send the main unit when you locate it to them for this as that part is only available trough them and needs specialized surface mount soldering to remove and install.

If that is the case, you will need to send them the main unit.

But also check this owners manual and it will contain all the information you should need. Even though its not the one you have most likely(wont know until you locate the model #)

But these are all very similar;-)

And If you will rate kindly at this time I will stick with you until we have this working as it should.

Pleas check ths manual out in detail:

Visit this site for that one. Once you have given me the correct model I can locate the exact manual for you. Also I can call you if you would like let me know but there is an additional cost of $10.00 for that.

Here is the site you need:http://www.manualslib.com/manual/226545/Dei-3500esp.html?page=1

Yours system is manufactured by DEI.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not much came with the car....just the car and keyfob...and obviously the key...Okay, to reset the alarm, disconnect the + battery cable and wait 30 minutes and that should do a reboot of the alarm, yes?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi lol, yes thats correct, it may help but we will need to probably go over the whole system and find you the correct full manual once we have the model # ***** your exact system. But do check out the one I sent, as it should help a bit in the meantime.

And please rate my service to you kindly now so I can remain on this with you. This is my livelihood and I take pride in helping others with their technical issues.

I have over 30 years of electronic experience hands on, also I build intelligent robots as my life long hobby ;-)

Have a great night, we will get this working for you no doubt, just please be patient as these are technical issues.

Tech Mike ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Also , I will be back tomorrow morning;-)

My hours are in for the day and its been a long one lol.

Thanks

Tech Michael

PS whatever you write I will see upon my return.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay Michael. Just weird how it just stop making the peep noise one day. I'll look under my dash and see if I can find the unit...hopefully. Have a good day.Jennifer
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Jennifer,

Have you found that box yet?

Also check under the seats and in the trunk, also under the hood, those are all places they can mount this. Since this may take some time, please rate kindly before you close this page so we can remain together with no worry of your question timing out etc.

There is no cost to you for that if you haven't done this already.

Thanks Jen.

Tech Mike.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi MikeSorry. Haven't been able to really look for the box. I did briefly this morning and didn't see anything under the dash but a bunch of wires left from law enforcement agency. I'll try and get a look this evening and I'll get back to you on that.Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jennifer,

Thats ok, when you have time I will be here ;-)

We will get this solved, I'm sure as your time allows.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael