Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a kenwood DNX7140 double din stereo and the battery

Customer Question

I have a kenwood DNX7140 double din stereo and the battery died and I forgot the security code
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and as this is a security issue, the prescribed approach is to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Kenwood Service Center with proof of purchase.

Still, a hopeful attempt would be to secure a copy of the Service Manual for service mode/test mode bypass procedures.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, this information has bot been helpul at all. But it does seem that he tried. Thank you.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps a second opinion and/or an alternate approach to your concern may be available from other members of the site. The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.

Still, good luck with the Kenwood's security code.