Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I had stored my show truck yrs, installed new batteries a

Customer Question

I had stored my show truck for 3 yrs, installed new batteries a cpl weeks ago and truck started fine manually, I replaced my battery in key fab and the alarm would not work, I then held the panic button down and the alarm went crazy. Had to disconnect battery to get it to stop making noise. I now can't start truck, whenever I replace connection to battery the alarm activate, I have take the 4 fuses I can see out of the brains wire harness and the arm still works but isnot shutting off w fab... how do I reconnect the fab and brain so the alarm will operate properly and I can drive the truck? Thanks for your help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that the initial problem was owing to your pressing the panic button. The reaction you got was only reasonable, considering that the panic button is supposed to lock down the car and sound its alarm in an attention-getting way, to discourage an attempted theft in-progress.
So your alarm system now is in a disabled 'panic' mode, still, in all likelihood. You need to
1. reset the alarm system
2. connect it up to the car again fully
3. go through the initial install configure-remotes procedure to get the remotes to work.
(Since I don't know what alarm system you have in your truck, I cannot give more specific information until I am told its maker and model #.)