Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Pioneer Carrozzeria avic hrz088 (touch screen) in Nissan

Customer Question

pioneer Carrozzeria avic hrz088 (touch screen)
in Nissan note 2009
All in Japanese language, can I change it to English. If I can, what (Japanese) buttons do I push how do I do that, / or what best to purchase to replace it I reside in New Zealand
Jackie
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-HRZ088 (together with the Nissan NOTE) would be a JDM (Japan Domestic Model) product. "Domestic" as it is ONLY intended for the local use of the Japanese market.
Based on the above, then there is no provision for the AVIC-HRZ088 to have an English language MENU. Even (for sake of argument) the controls, buttons and all others can be translated to English the internal electronics would still be following the Japanese standards more particularly, the AM & FM stations/tuning steps, the TV channels and even the GPS / map software.
The practical approach would be a replacement. Please see the link below for potential replacement candidates.
http://www.pioneernz.co.nz/nz/products/25/109/281/overview.html
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Louie, in a paradoxical way, your reply is good, it means I can stop looking/chasing/asking around for something that's not there. The list of possible replacement units is a great help. I will now concentrate on replacing. I've also discovered (in New Zealand) a company that will buy unwanted Japanese units.
Again thank you. Jackie McCann
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your kind understanding.
Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the above information.