Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My DPX308U stereo is caught up in a cycling if it's display

Customer Question

My DPX308U stereo is caught up in a cycling if it's display (through demo, then the various source inputs, etc.). I cannot get it to play music at all. I have tried the reset a couple of times but with no resolution. I even disconnected the vehicle's battery but that did not help. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, try setting the Demonstration Mode to OFF. Please see the instructions at the link below (if have not been tried).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Kenwood%20DPX308U%20Demo%20Off.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not helpful as I am not able to change anything on the unit. I will push the volume button but the stereo will continue cycling through all of its functionality, sources, etc. As soon as the vehicle is turned on, the stereo starts showing Demo Mode for a few seconds. Then it changes to USB input, then to another source, etc. in a cycle. No matter what button I push (including the reset button) nothing happens.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Perhaps, that is why the above post was prefixed with "...Initially..." as it was meant both not only to be an attempt of a fix but as a test.
Hopefully, another member can provide an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.
This is not an Info Request.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to refer me to another member? Or do I need to start the process all over again? I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please disregard my last message. I see that you have referred the issue to another technician. Thank you.