Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My stereo/amp on the boat suddenly stopped working. error

Customer Question

my stereo/amp on the boat suddenly stopped working. error message "miswiring check wiring and power on". We couldn't find anything unusual upon inspection. Can you tell us what to do??
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

Was there any wiring changes made that caused this problem?

Also may I have the make, and full model # ***** your stereo amp?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no changes. Just parked the boat Friday pm and when we boarded Saturday am no music just this message on the stereo display. "Miswiring check wiring and power on"
Pyle PLMRA400
Kenwood KDC BT362U
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Im really sorry to hear that I know how I would feel. I would check the power and speaker wires from the radio to the amp and the wires at the speaker ends for a possible bad connection.
But after that, since you made no wiring changes and the unit wont operate this means that the unit needs technical service.You can have a marina that works on the stereo system or just about any car stereo shop may handle this for you. The error you received means one of two things It can be a loose wire connection at the source, or it is a component failure inside the unit on this model.
The repair on this on this one is worth the cost for sure.
I will stick with you until you have this working and you can ask me anything while we proceed, please rate my service to you thus far and then you can contact me anytime by replying to this message, no cost to rate, or for additional service on this.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael