stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have recently installed a Kenwood BT362U in my car. I have

Customer Question

I have recently installed a Kenwood BT362U in my car. I have verified multiple times that all wiring is secure and correct. I have power and fucntionality however there is no sound whatsoever coming from the stereo. No source sound or system sound (such as menu selection sounds). I am almost thinking there is a defect in the unit itself.
I have factor reset it a couple of times as well as ensure the connectors on the faceplate are clean. There is no subwoofer or amplifier involved.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, do you have access to a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to set the initial settings / FUNCTION of "SP SELECT" to the size of the installed speakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
set to OEM
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Would you be comfortable testing the speakers + its wiring? In lieu of a multi-meter, a single 1.5V AA battery + 2 short lengths of test wire would be needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not at this time
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Post back when able.