stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I just bought and had installed a Kenwood DDX492 by Car Toys

Customer Question

I just bought and had installed a Kenwood DDX492 by Car Toys in Silverdale, Washington.
The backup camera and other aps work fine. The Sirius drops all the time saying no signal or just stops then comes back. The factory installed FoMoCo worked fine and never dropped out. The factory installed Sony in my wife's also works fine and rarely drops out. The salespeople and manager at Car Toys say that the radio is working fine and I say no as it should not drop off line all the time. Car Toys says that Sirius is not using all the Satellites and if that is case why does the old reciever and my wife's car work ok. I think that something is wrong with the installation. Hope you can help. Thanks *****
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 year ago.

It's probably where they installed the antenna. Usually by the A-Pillar near the windshield is OK but if they ran it through the door and mounted it on the roof with the magnetic base then there's a small chance there could be a kink in the wire although unless it grounded out, got exposed, or cut somehow I wouldn't know without actually looking... as for not all the satellites being used, that's a matter for another day. Shouldn't affect your issue at all.