Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 2005 Dodge Durango. I have a CD stuck in my radio.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Durango. I have a CD stuck in my radio. How can you help me?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the prescribed approach is to open the unit, remove the drive/deck ass'y, and manually extract the erring disc.
Still, possible workarounds if the disc loading slot has no cover/flap:
• pressing the STOP button on the front panel (if available) for 10 seconds or more;
• if able, disconnect the power for an extended period of time, say an hour or more. Press and hold the EJECT button on the front panel (if available) while plugging back in;
• using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
• spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button;
• prep a stiff wire to form a half-a-hook like bend at one end that would then be inserted to snag the center hole of the erring disc;
• may have to try any.all of the above a couple of times; or
• consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.