Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a 2003 honda accord, my navigation screen keeps

Customer Question

I have a 2003 honda accord, my navigation screen keeps rebooting I have purchased a new cd from honda but it still does the same it sometimes allow me to put the code in but still does the same. I was told it could be the navigation box in the trunk. Can this be repaired, abd tested to see if that's the problem. The only the radio works not the cd
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
Disconnecting the battery definitely will not help in this case. In fact it could make things worse by eventually locking you out of the head unit. If it is only navigation that is giving a problem, then yes it would very likely be with the navigation module. Furthermore it is probably only with a connection to that module. What I would do is I would go in and check the module physically and make sure that the wires are plugged in securely and that it's mounted securely where it is. If it's not mounted securely then that would cause this problem as well – bouncing around in the trunk for a while will cause it to lose its connection. The other option of course is that the module has simply failed or is failing and needs to be replaced. But either way it's should not be a major repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive discovered on my own what the problem was after waiting patiently for an answer, before I make a costly purchase of a new navigation box. So thamk you anyway and I want to be clear that imdid all those things that you mentioned. I've cancel ed my membership before you got backmto me.

I apologize but I do not have control over how long it takes you to get an answer. That is something that you select when you're pricing your question. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service from the time I started working on your question. Thank you.