Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

F150 xlt: Amedee.I was installing a remote start on my

Customer Question

Hi Amedee.
I was installing a remote start on my 2009 f150 xlt and two wires were cut. A blue and white wire under the dash was suppose to be the starter wire. I put the wire back together and the vehicle still will not start
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure no fuses were shorted out in all fuse panels needing replaced as this can sometimes occur.If these are all o.k. I would then have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair the cause here.This may be the vehicles factory security system that has engaged needing reprogrammed to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete