Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Kenwood kdc 319 CD player in my vehicle...it will

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood kdc 319 CD player in my vehicle...it will play CDs with the face plate down but that is it. I tried the reset button and nothing
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I believe that the purpose of such a flip-down faceplate is to guard the CD slot from dust dirt and foreign objects, that might get into the works, or that might obscure the optical lens that reads the surface of the CD. If it only plays CDs with the faceplate down, then that is to protect the CD and mechanism from stress or breakage that might occur if the CD were ejected while the faceplate was folded up and in place. If there is something else about your Kenwood device that is abnormal, please let me know. Thanks.