Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought Sony car stereo that required an interface cable to

Customer Question

I bought Sony car stereo that required an interface cable to have XM radio. After a few months I lost the XM. I bought another interface and still no XM. I'm going to try to reset, but I think something is wrong with the deck itself. Any thoughts?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony car stereo. Still and almost always, there would be another device that is connected after the interface cable from the Sony. This would be the actual XM receiver and the Sony only acts as a controller.Based on the described symptom, then this XM receiver would be the most likely suspect rather than the Sony.Please determine/locate this XM tuner and post back the model number as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tuner is a Sony DSXS200X with an Audiovox CNPSON1/CNP2000UC interface cable. I tried 2 different CNPSON1 cables and neither one worked. Also, XM doesn't show up when scroll through the modes button
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the additional information. However and as posted above, there would have to be another device; the actual satellite radio tuner module. Please click HERE and see the last 2 paragraphs of the second page as prescribed by the Sony DSXS200X's Owners Manual.If there is an existing XM Satellite Radio tuner/module at the other end of the CNPSON1 cable (such as a XM Direct 2 CNP2000UC) , then this tuner/module would most likely be the issue.