Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

2004 Infiniti G35x Bose audio trouble. Issue is "Eject CD"

Customer Question

2004 Infiniti G35x Bose audio trouble. Issue is "Eject CD" when there is no CD in the 6 disc changer and no sound from radio but all controls work in the dash and on the steering wheel??
Are the two issues related? Do I replace the stereo?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have taken a good look at your question. Yes the two are related in the problems both a re being caused by the same circuit board in the radio.
Unfortunately I would simply replace this unit because of the cost involved. Between shipping, parts and diagnosis it would cost almost as much as it would a new stereo.
And besides, the newer stereos have more features and better sound quality now and for less money than that one cost.
If money is no object and you would still like to fix this please let me know and I will assist you with the removal and shipping information as to where to have this done. But if it were me, and I am a technician with 30+ years of experience, even I would replace this one instead of repair.
I hope this helps you decide, and I will help you if you have any further questions on this. Please rate kindly before closing this page, you wont lose me and there is no cost to rate anyway.
I wish you the best on deciding what to replace it with there are so many options you there for you;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - I am sorry but I have a follow-up questions to make sure I understand the issue. As I am not able to find a schematic for the circuit board - what makes you believe the issues are related between no sound and "eject cd"? What if the "eject cd" is a mechanical issue (e.g. broken gear) would that still cause the radio no sound problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the replies are fine, I want you to understand as much about this as you would like to know;-)Great news, Bose said they will fix those now! You would need to send it in to them but they will repair it for a fair price! That one is worth the cost of repair.The best place to contact is This website: http://www.service-center-locator.com/bose/bose-service-center.htmThe eject mechanism has a feature to stop the audio during changes of the audio source. As well as the main board being the issue, I have had a lot of experience with these.I have also checked and the schematics are not available;-(Also parts need to be gotten from Bose.Let me know if you need anything else, please rate kindly today.Tech Michael