Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My touch screen will not work, AVIC 7000NEX

Customer Question

Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is at the setup page right now correct? Yet when you press on anything, nothing is registering?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct and correct. Cannot do anything after initial set-up screen asking me for language selection
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
It is the digitizer that has faulted. This iss the cover that detects touch on the screen (it lies over the screen). It is not related to a hardware issue as whilst a corrupted firmware can cause this, this has been ruled out by the reinstall so its now correctly loaded.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have the digitizer replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Like how much to have this done. i bought this over a year ago and had it installed by a distributor of this audio equipment
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The part itself is around $50 when a distributor orders it and labor will be about 1 1/2 hours so depends on what your charged at your location but on average about 70-100 for labor. So in total its about $150 and with a limited warranty you need to asses once you have a concrete offer if it is not better to purchase a replacement.
But check on the warranty first as it is usually supplied with a 2 year warranty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you