Neil, Engineer
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I changed my battery in my car and now my clarion radio

Customer Question

Hi,I changed my battery in my car and now my clarion radio is displayed lock
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 2 years ago.
Hi This is an anti theft function of the radio, anytime it is powered down completely from the battery it will restart locked... You should have been given the unlock code with the radio, most people put it in the manual that came with the radio. If you do not have this then the radio will have to be removed, look at the radios bar code, if starting with a C7 then it can be unlocked by other means, if not and you do not have the code then the radio will need to be returned to a registered dealer and unlock with a special lead and software. You may have to provide proof of ownership or give some sort of photo id whilst the radio is checked against a stolen register...