Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My pioneer aviv z120bt is acting up- it skips songs and increases

Customer Question

my pioneer aviv z120bt is acting up- it skips songs and increases the volume on its own? is there a fix for this
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Make sure it is well-grounded, or has a secure and clean and tight ground connection.
An auto is a very noisy environment, in radio noise and electromagnetic emissions terms. Shielding (the metal casing around a car radio or car stereo) is necessary to keep it from inducing problems in the electronic workings. This shielding must be grounded properly in order for it to work at its best.
You might also have a button that is stuck down. With the Pioneer device Off, take a towel, and rub it around and around, firmly, over the keys and buttons (unless one is the power control! that shouldn't be, and shouldn't need, to be so rubbed. This may help loosen a stuck button.
Or, ultimately, it may simply be defective and need servicing and/or replacing, unfortunately.