Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a dxt-2369ub that will not work. I have power to the…

Customer Question
I have a dxt-2369ub that...
I have a dxt-2369ub that will not work. I have power to the yellow wire when ignition is off and on. I have power when the ignition is on only. What can I do to troubleshoot.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/25/2015
Car Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi do you have power to the red wire?
There should be a red and a yellow wire.
The red should be powered by the ignition and supplying power only when the key is on!
The yellow wire should be live all the time, direct battery+ connection through the fuse panel attached to one that has power feed all the time whether the key is on or off.
It sounds like you may have it backwards lol.
I will stick with you until you have this working,
please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael