Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Mdx: , after battery was replaced code was entered

Customer Question
Hi, after battery was replaced...
Hi, after battery was replaced code for radio was entered with mistake ,we disconnected battery and tryed to enter code again, it was not taken. Sound system has been down. Radio screen is showing chanels, bu we do not have sound.Is it possible that sound system fuse should be replaced?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
6/27/2015
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If the radio screen is showing channels then the fuse should be ok.
If the incorrect code has been entered too many times, then the radio will be blocked for a period of time. Leave the ignition turned on for 24 hours, then check if the radio is ready to accept further attempts at the correct code.