Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My Rosen Navigation system has stopped responding to

Customer Question
My Rosen Navi system has...

My Rosen Navi system has stopped responding to touchscreen, therefore I can't get to the settings to change or fix anything.

PLEASE HELP me fix the touchscreen calibration.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/20/2015
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If the touchscreen is not responding at all, check first that the touch surface is clean by wiping with a slightly damp cloth.
Check for any debris that may have got stuck around the bevelled edge and is preventing the touchscreen from responding.
Let me know if this works for you.

No, that doesn't work. The screen is clean and there is no debris in any cracks or crevices. I think somehow the calibration got off.

If the calibration is off, then the touchscreen must be responding, but not responding appropriately. Is this the case?

It was responding fine until about a month ago, now it does not respond at all. The steering wheel controls work and the remote works, but not all functions can be accessed or controlled by either of those.

Ok, if there is no response at all then it is not a calibration issue and more likely a fault with the touch screen itself in that it is not detecting any touch.
It will need to be sent for testing and repair.

How do I get it out and how much will that cost?

As I said before, in a previous post (I'm not sure if you received this information)it responds to the steering wheel controls and the remote, but for whatever reason, all of the functions are not accessible by either of those controls. Do you know anything about the remote and can maybe walk me through some steps to figure out how to access some of the functions I'm wanting to get to?

You can get a quote for the repair from Rosen:http://www.rosenelectronics.com/service-support-information.htm
Alternatively, your local car dealer can remove the system and send it for repair.

So you don't have any suggestions or know of any way to attempt to navigate through the menu options using the remote or steering wheel controls in order to access the settings we desire to change?

I'm not going to give you a rating until I feel my question is completely answered. I don't feel satisfied with the only option being that I have to take it out & send it off to be repaired. I feel there would be some way you can access the settings we desire to change by using the remote to navigate through the menu, if you or someone could walk/talk me through it.

I've sent a couple of replies that have questions included and the only thing I have received from you is something asking me to rate your service. I replied to that over a week ago, but still haven't heard anything from you.