Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Ford Escape XLT: I have a 2009 ford escape, the radio works…

Customer Question
I have a 2009 ford...
I have a 2009 ford escape, the radio works but the display is blank, no station or clock is visible. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. sometimes the display will come back on for a short time. what could be the problem and solution.
Rick
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/10/2015
Car Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi I am sorry to hear that. This is a bad connection or electrolytic capacitor inside the radios display driver circuit.
This can be repaired by a car audio shop. Unfortunately specialized electronic test equipment is required to locate the source of the trouble.
A local car audio technician can fix this problem for you but he will need to remove the radio to do so as the trouble is internal.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
Have a great day!
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician