Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a pioneer C9P8 that's in Japanese and I want to change…

Customer Question
I have a pioneer C9P8...
I have a pioneer C9P8 that's in Japanese and I want to change it to english, I don't have a copy of the manual, can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
6/9/2015
Car Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try a factory reset of the device, which ought to bring up the initial setup screen, which should start with Language of course... which means that after the factory reset of the device, you should see a list of choices, of which 'English' should be one.
(If it is all Japanese, then FYI 'Eigo' is the Japanese word for 'English'... if it should happen to be in readable script!)
So look for a choice, scrolling through the choices, for either
'English'
or
'Eigo'.
Select that choice, and by some strange electronic magic, after that, the device should be in English. (And I hope it's good English too.)
The question is, how do you initial-settings-reset or factory settings reset your Pioneer device?
The manual ... unfortunately, is in Japanese:
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=k184489936
which is a sale for the manual, and the cover images reveal kanji characters but no English script.
As for the factory reset... it's not specified anywhere I can find. But generally speaking, Pioneer-made devices are reset to initial defaults by turning them Off, then holding down one button, then powering them On while holding down that button.
There cannot be an infinite number of buttons on the unit. Try each one, is the best advice I can find to offer, in that fashion.
(It seems from my overview, that Pioneer devices are thus reset by *one* button at power-On, not a combination. So you just have to try the number of buttons there are, no more, each one, one at a time.)