Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have 2 panasonic MBDKT2510E servo drivers showing an error=

Customer Question
err.16.0 can you help here. never seen...
i have 2 panasonic MBDKT2510E servo drivers showing an error= err.16.0
can you help here.
never seen it before
regards
peter
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
these servo motors control the X,Y motors of a large laser cutter.
i have no idea why they are showing this. Apparently it was last used 2 weeks ago and worked well.
it has been used thousand of times to cut out letters and numbers out of plastic
6/3/2015
Car Electronics Technician: ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Error Code 16 is "Over Load Protection" - this can occur if the input voltage is too high.
Test the input voltage and verify that it is within 10% tolerance of 230V.
hi
the electronics control 2 servo motors on the X/Y axis of a laser cutter.
They run on 24v and that is normal.
the 240 is running at 223 today. that is excellent for here.
could you have another think for me.
do you think it could be anything to do with the limit switches?
If the input voltage is around 223 and you are still getting Error Code 16 after turning the power completely off for a few minutes and on again, then the servo itself is suspect and will need to be replaced.
The limit switches won't cause Error 16.