Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How does this site work? I need help with a clarion vz401

Customer Question

How does this site work? I need help with a clarion vz401.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, first install attempt had zero power to unit. I took it apart to check solder rus as it is a refurb, noticed the top CCA was had separated copper from laminate between the power connection pads. I removed this unused copper layer as to keep it from shorting out anything. Cleaned old Flux from unit. Didn't find anything else wrong, all smelt clean not burnt and all components appeared intact. I reassembled and installed unit. It now has applied power as the source button is red and all other ls are blue. When buttons are pressed nothing happens. I held the reset button, still nothing. I manual opened the display and it is not light.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wired properly abiding to photo attached. Double lined out wires are not connected to anything in my install. Only other connection made is antenna. Everything else is not connected.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, please post back clear close up pictures of the circuitry working on. Still, when performing a bench test/check, please ensure that the yellow and red wires are joined together and supplied with +12V (if have not been done). Additionally, check for +12V at the blue/white and blue wire when attempting to turn on. These would indicate that the switching on action is being received by the CPU and logic circuitry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
As posted earlier, "...please post back clear close up pictures of the circuitry working on...."