Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

How to wire my two 10" rockford fosgate p2d410 subs for best…

Customer Question
How to wire my two...
How to wire my two 10" rockford fosgate p2d410 subs for best sound quality to my fosgate power t1000-1bd amplifier
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
9/21/2013
Car Electronics Technician: Aric, Car Electronics Technician replied 9 years ago
Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

The subwoofers are each DVC units that are rated 4 ohms per coil.

Now, what you would want to do, is to wire each subwoofer as follows:

Two voice coils in Parallel for 2 ohms, then connect the 2 subwoofers in series to bring the impedance back to 4 ohms.

That will give you the best "sound quality" which is what you asked for, and also allow the amplifier to run cooler and reliably. This gives you 700 watts RMS out of the amp (350 watts RMS per subwoofer- or 175 watts RMS per coil of each subwoofer).

Now, if you want to wire the subwoofers for "maximum SPL" (which is not the same as Sound Quality), then you would connect the subwoofers as follows:

Each subwoofer's voice coils in parallel, then both subwoofers connected to each other in parallel. This will yield a 1 ohm load to the amp, and it will produce 1000 watts RMS.

However the amplifier will run hotter, and it's lifespan will be less than if you wired the subwoofers for a 4 ohms load.

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service before logging off.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. Thank you! Aric