Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Wiring diagram for a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT

I need a wiring diagram...
I need a wiring diagram for a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT. I have the radio and a wiring harness on order for my 2007 Honda S2000. I downloaded the owners manual for the receiver but the installation instructions are not clear. What I am looking for is a diagram which shows the color coded wire hookups between the harness and the receiver.
3/12/2013
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

are you using a Wiring Adapter?
if so, Brand & Model Number?

.

I am using a Metra 70-1721 radio wiring harness for Honda cars. Before ordering it I made sure that if would work with my S2000 roadster.

that is correct.......but you should also know that the wiring adapter is "color for color of the Pioneer.
Should be mistake free on the connections

.

also Pioneer instructions shows numbers for connections that you refer to the color

see below

.

graphic

here is break down:

.

YELLOW = 12 Volts Constant +
RED = 12 Volts Ignition +
BLACK = Ground
BLUE / WHITE = AMP or Power Antenna On +
GRAY = Right Front +
GRAY / BLACK = Right Front -
WHITE = Left Front +
WHITE / Left Front -
VIOLET = Right Rear +
VIOLET / BLACK = Right Rear -
GREEN = Left Rear +
GREEN / BLACK = Left Rear -

.

.

-If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............
.
.

--RATING REQUIRED! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited
.
...please remember that this system functions on the honor system...making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows this service to help you and others
.
.

Don - Mo Lurch

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, it is orange to orange, black to black, etc. between the Metra harness and the Pioneer unit wires?

very sorry for the delay, as once the rating is done, it does not show follow up questions

.

.

that is correct.............color for color

.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch