Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My VRX935VD says (Audio only) when playing DVDs that work fine…

My VRX935VD says (Audio only)...
My VRX935VD says (Audio only) when playing DVDs that work fine in other DVD Players. It worked fine up until about four weeks ago?
11/26/2012
Car Electronics Technician: TechsterJames, Car Electronics Technician replied 10 years ago
TechsterJames
TechsterJames, Car Electronics Technician

TechsterJames :

I'll do my best to help you figure this out, so let me ask a few questions to get a better idea of the source of the problem.Have you tried to play more than one DVD, always getting the same message "audio only"? How long ago was this installed, and did you do it yourself or was it done by a shop? It is possible the parking brake wire came disconnected, so the Clarion is preventing video playback as a safety feature. For now one thing you can try, if you haven't already, is engaging the parking brake to see if it allows playback.

Customer:

Found problem, kids had played with switches on dashboard that allow viewing of DVD whilst driving. Cheers.

TechsterJames