Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

clarion 6cd changer and I keep getting invalid disc for

The changer is a clarion...

The changer is a clarion i have a 2006 range rover and I keep getting invalid disc for every disc in the cartridge on the screen. I have a friend with the same model and inserted his disc and the same thing happened. so the problem is the deck and not the cartridge. how do I fix the problem? thanks

8/25/2012
Car Electronics Technician: TechsterJames, Car Electronics Technician replied 10 years ago
TechsterJames
TechsterJames, Car Electronics Technician
Just to clarify, you get the error using your friend's cartridge and your cartridge, and the same cartridge and disc work in your friend's changer. I would get a can of keyboard duster and blow out the inside of your changer, dust on the optics can cause read errors. Make sure to keep the can as upright as possible and blow in bursts, you don't want to freeze any of the internal components. It might be easier to do so if you unbolt the changer, then blow it out, then rebolt it back in. Let me know how this goes.
TechsterJames
I have already blown out the changer but I have not removed it. I put my friends cartridge in my rRover but I did not give him my cartridge to try in his Rover(way too hot today) I will try and blow it out again but I do not know how to take out the changer which is not my expertise.
Not a problem. Try your cartridge in his and see if his can play it, this will rule out the possibility of a bad cartridge. Some CD changers have simple L-brackets that can be unbolted, but don't try and remove it if your not comfortable doing so, just give it another shot with the keyboard duster and try and hit all the angles you can, while keeping the duster upright and bending the straw where possible. Let me know how these things go, good luck!