Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

siriusxm ttr1 error message SiriusXM HTTP error. any fi

Customer Question
siriusxm ttr1 error message 'SiriusXM...
siriusxm ttr1 error message 'SiriusXM HTTP error'. any fix?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/16/2012
Car Electronics Technician: rjpoirier,
 replied 5 years ago
rjpoirier

R.J. Poirier :

Hello

R.J. Poirier :

Thank you for posting your question

R.J. Poirier :

I would clear the browser cache and then close the browser

R.J. Poirier :

reopen the browser and try the page again

this is not a computer issue. it is the free standing sirius ttr1 desk top radio that gives this error message after trying to download from siriusxm. the network connection with my modem is fine. are you familiar with the siriusxm ttr1 radio/system? thank you.
Car Electronics Technician: fbox,
 replied 5 years ago
fbox
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you.

I see your problem, I dont use that particular model but am aware of a change that was made on the servers that made the current plugin incompatible with the servers, you need to go into your account from a pc and make some minor changes to your account and then update on your radio. Here is how below.

you need to update your password XXXXX it's compatible with the TTR1. You may also need to update your username if it's longer than 20 characters. Visit https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action and sign in using your account username and password. Follow the instructions to update XM Radio Online username and password information. Always use the latest software update for your TTR1 located in the Software Update section in the System Setup option in the main TTR1 menu.

After doing this let me know if it is able to update and connect afterwards, ensure to change username and password XXXXX the desktop radio after changing it online.

For more information read this article.

http://code.google.com/p/xmradioplugin/

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=4262116
did all you recommended and not difference. the radio says the software is up to date.

i won't send any negative feedback, and i would be delighted to pay you, but i need to get this working right.

i appreciate the fact that you seem to have an idea of what is needed to make this work. any further ideas? never have i been asked to give/send my radio id to anywhere. should that happen to i.d. the radio by the modem? thanks.
any response to the last message?
Relist: Answer quality.
the answer did not work. the 'expert' assured me he would work with me to solve the problem, but when i replied with further questions, he simply has not answered.
Car Electronics Technician: KKassel, Car Electronics Technician replied 5 years ago
KKassel
KKassel, Car Electronics Technician
This indicates a network problem. To fix this problem, unplug the TTR1 from the wall outlet, wait 20 seconds, and then plug it back in

that might fix it, not 100% but that has fixed many before from them
i tried your suggestion, re-connected to the network, re-did the set up, and as usual, no success. i would welcome any further suggestions you may have. thank you.
I will try and look for you, other than doing a reset your system could be bad and you will need to send it in
i've looked around on the web and this seems to be quite the problem. i am a complete nit wit when it comes to computers, but i can follow directions. so far all the suggestions haven't worked, as you know. i will await any further information you may provide that may work. thanks.
It could be a sirrus problem that they can only fix, i would email them or call them

Calling them might be a hassle of your time, so i would just email them
i've tried several times with 'live chat' and email. i did try calling and got put on hold for 20 minutes before i gave up.
I hear your pain, i think they have a problem and they can not figure it out themselves

i would upgrade to a newer unit
i just bought this thing last week. thanks for your help, and empathy, lol. how about i wait until my kids get here this weekend (they're more electronics savvy) and if they have a question i'll send it to you. either way after the weekend i'll accept your answer.
ok
Your IP address can be blacklisted

Write to Sirius to check if your IP have problems. SiriusXM1desk @ siriusxm.com
KKassel
KKassel, Car Electronics Technician
KKassel
KKassel
KKassel, Car Electronics Technician