Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

connecting the blue/white wire to the auto-antenna relay control

Customer Question
? Where?...
connecting the blue/white wire to the auto-antenna relay control ? Where?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
8/14/2011
Car Electronics Technician: jjjjm2011, Car Electronics Technician replied 6 years ago
jjjjm2011
jjjjm2011, Car Electronics Technician

jjjjm2011 :

What year model? I'm seeing the blue/white wires are for illumination only on most models

Customer :

2002 Sonata GLS

jjjjm2011 :

ok standby

Customer :

A wiring schematic shows it as needing to be connected to system control terminal of the power amp or Auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). I don't have an after-market power amp

jjjjm2011 :

This is the wiring diagram for the 2002 model. It does not have an amp in it and requires one to work.

jjjjm2011 :

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Yellow
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Red
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White

jjjjm2011 :

If this answers your question please accept and leave feedback. Thanks for letting me help

Customer :

Yeah, I have that diagram too. Suggestions? I have power but no sound.

jjjjm2011 :

stand by

Customer :

Thanks. I thought you left.

jjjjm2011 :

did you connect the wires directly to speakers?

Customer :

No, I hooked up a wiring harness to the new stereo so I could plug it directly into the car's connector.

Customer :

The only wire that was not accounted for was the blue/white. It has a piece of paper on the end that says system remote control.

jjjjm2011 :

if you hook directly to the speakers you could bypass the built in car amp or you could try putting the power antenna and amp turn-on wires together. The hyundai forum said to clip unused wires for remote purposes.

Customer :

I saw that. I'll try attaching it to the power antenna plug-in. Hope it doesn't blow up.

jjjjm2011 :

lol me too. Good luck.

Customer :

no luck.

jjjjm2011 :

I'm sorry man I'm out of ideas besides connecting it to an aftermarket amp because maybe your car amp is blown. I will repost your question to see if another expert knows of anything else.

Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 6 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

Customer............

Another Expert here.............

The only wire that was not accounted for was the blue/white. It has a piece of paper on the end that says system remote control

The BLUE / WHITE wire is for AMP Turn On, if you have a Factory or Aftermarket AMP.
The BLUE / WHITE wire supplies 12 Volts + from the New Unit, when the Unit is turned On

See if you have a GRAY wire in the Factory Plug
If so what color wire does that GRAY wire match up to on the Adapter Plug you are using

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

I have sent the information you have requested & have answered .

PLEASE click ACCEPT so that I may get credit, thanks.

Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid

I ended up taking the car back to the audio electronics store with the majority of their work already done. They made one little tweak and gave it back. I put the dashboard back together and now it works. Thanks to both of you for trying to help.

I'd love to find out what they did to make it work....

Alan

would be nice.............lol

THANK YOU
Thanks for using J/a

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch