Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have wired the amp, got power, no signal to subwoofers ,

Customer Question
using the factory radio,remote wire...
I have wired the amp, got power, no signal to subwoofers , using the factory radio,remote wire hooked to radio power wire.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Car Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
I am installing subwoofers in a 2006 mustang using the original radio/cd player.When i hooked up the amp i get no power to the speakers. i have power to the amp.The control wire is hooked to the radio power wire.
I am not working on a tv i am working on a mustang sterio system
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 8 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

Are you saying the AMP is "not" turning On when you turn the Key On??
If so, what color wire at the Radio do you have the AMP Turn On wire connected to?

I am getting power to the amp, it is on.I have to hook up an rca jack adapter, i hooked it to the speaker wires and the control wire to the accessory wire.

Sorry, but I am still confused as to what your question is??

You posted:

If the AMP is good & the AMP is coming On & you are "not" getting any sound to the Sub Woofers:

The RCA Adapter is bad
The RCA Adapter is wired wrong
The RCA Cords are bad
The Woofers are bad
The Woofers are wired wrong
The AMP is not switched properly

Lets start with the Radio.......
What Name Brand & Model Number of the RCA Converter do you have??
What wires do you have the RCA Converter connected to?

I have the db link hooked to the LF and RF speaker wires.+ ON + -on -

DB LINK IS THE NAME ON THE CONVERTER.

Correct.........

Did you have a Model number, as they make many??
What wire colors did you connect the DB to?

it doesn't have a model # XXXXX it. it has 4 wires 2 green 2 grey one of the green is + the other is - same on the grey. they hook to the speaker wires, the other end to the cable.

Great...........
What color Factory wires did you connect them to & where was the connections made??

The connection was made behind the radio, on the cinnection plug.the wires are coded green with a stripe white with a strip and etc.

I need to know:
What color the Factory Ford wires are that you connected the DB Converter to??

DB Converter:
GREEN + = ??
GREEN - = ??
GRAY + = ??
GRAY - = ??

Also,
what engine in the Mustang?
which Factory Ford Unit does your Mustang have?

No response.............